Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oceans of fun

We read 2 more Eric Carle stories this week.  This time they had ocean animal characters.  The first was House for Hermit Crab.  We drew a hermit crab and drew all of his friends that he gathered to decorate his house.  This helped us to retell the story.  This is a perfect story for the end of the school year as it tells of a hermit crab who is leaving the security of something familiar for the vast unknown.  

 We also read Mr.Seahorse.  This follows a father seahorse as he makes his way through the ocean meeting other busy fathers.  We decorated seahorses to go along with the story. 

We have spent most of the week learning about different sea animals.  My batteries died on my camera so I did not get to take all of the pictures that I wanted to.  :-(  I will try to get some more posted this week.  Here are a few things we did together. 












No comments:

Post a Comment