Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm a Pout Pout Fish...

I love the book The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah L. Diesen.  It is one that Christopher and I love to read at bedtime.  He loves how the fish makes the "blub, bluuub, bluuuub" sounds.  I have to admit I have fun reading them too.  I used another one of D. Jump's lessons on this story.  She had a great directed drawing activity for showing the kids how to draw the pouty fish and the cheery fish.  We used the document camera and data projector to go step by step to draw them both.  They turned out so great!!!  We used watercolors to paint our fish.  The kids had a blast doing this.  We made connections to times we have been a little pouty (and we all have).  We wrote about what makes us pout and what makes us smile. 










We also read the follow up book The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big Big Dark.  This is another great story where the fish overcomes his fear of the dark to help out a friend. 

We loved this song that goes along with the story.  I promised I would include this so they could hear it at home.  Enjoy!  Warning!! It's one of those songs that you will catch yourself singing later because it is embedded in your brain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment