Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pinterest fail...

Anyone who knows me knows of my addiction to all things Pinterest.  I love trying out anything I find on there that might be useful in the classroom (and home).  The pictures and posts make it all seem so easy and it always works, until I try it.  I was reminded of this..
cookie monster cupcakes - nailed it!  This is so me.... :-) I totally have photos somewhere of a smiling mouth snack found on Pinterest that I tried last year during out teeth unit that turned out just like this.  You have to laugh at yourself  for at least attempting these things when you are just not crafty or a baker.  :-) 

Here is my latest story...
I am without chair pockets this year and struggling to adjust.  I had to throw mine away at the end of last year because after 9 years they had done their duty and needed to be laid to rest.  I do not sew.  I gave it a good try this summer and it is just not in me to sew.  Honestly, I tried.  Enter Pinterest.  I found this amazingly cheap way to have chair pockets without sewing...book covers.  Well, I went to my nearest Dollar Tree and bought 20 red or black chair pockets and was ready to go. 

Here is what happened....






The books and white boards immediately flipped out onto the floor.  Oh well, I can still use them to hold their white board marker and eraser...Right?  Nope.  They keep sliding off the back of the chairs and we have already lost one somehow. 

Thank heavens for Pinterest becasue I found another no sewing needed way...pillowcases!!! We gave them a try this week and so far so good.  Keep your fingers crossed that they will hold up. 

Here's a peek:
  They are all mismatched, which annoys me slightly.  They are serving their purpose so I may be able to see past the variety of colors and prints for a while.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment