Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh the places...

We had such fun reading Dr. Seuss this week! We started the week all wearing black, white, and red in honor of The Cat in the Hat. We made our own hats to end the day.
We made ourselves as Things 1 and 2 for our door. Of course we would not be as much trouble as those little things. :-)
Next was Pajama Day! We wore our pj's in honor of the book I Am Not Going To Get Up Today. We wrote about our many text to self connections with this story. 
   
We read Wocket In My Pocket and made our own Seuss-like creations to put in our pockets.  We had to give them a name that rhymed with "pocket". 
Then, we had Wacky Wednesday.  We listed lots of wacky things and wore our wackiest socks!  On Thursday, we brought our favorite hats to sort, compare, and count at math.  We had a red fish, blue fish snack at recess. 

Many of us met Thursday night to see The Lorax.  It was so much fun!  I wish I had taken a picture of our group.  I have to admit I got a little misty eyed at the end.  Christopher loved it too! 
Friday was book character day!  We had a character parade in the lunch room. 

We ate green eggs and ham!  Most of us really liked them.


    
I was proud of everyone for trying them like Sam I Am. 
We had buddy readers from Mrs. Tobin's Third grade class come in and read with us.   
We also made special Cat in the Hat snacks. 

We had so many amazing guest readers this week!  I am so thankful that we had a reader each day.  The children loved hearing stories from our special guests!  Here are some of the other fun things we made and did this week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment